- RSS Channel Showcase 2789091
- RSS Channel Showcase 6379383
- RSS Channel Showcase 1099912
- RSS Channel Showcase 4048343
Articles on this Page
- 05/25/17--22:00: _Sanlorenzo SX88, Ne...
- 07/09/17--21:00: _Milestone for 64 St...
- 07/25/17--21:00: _10 Must-See Megayac...
- 08/16/17--21:00: _15 Superyacht Premi...
- 10/24/17--21:00: _Megayacht News Onbo...
- 11/08/17--09:54: _Sanlorenzo 44 Alloy...
- 11/12/17--21:00: _Setting Off Aboard ...
- 01/24/18--09:54: _Sanlorenzo E Motion...
- 01/29/18--21:00: _Megayacht News Onbo...
- 03/21/18--00:00: _Sanlorenzo Americas...
- 03/22/18--04:00: _KD, 2nd Sanlorenzo ...
- 04/27/18--21:00: _Weekend Superyacht ...
- 05/07/18--07:46: _“Asymmetrical” Sanl...
- 05/10/18--04:45: _Sanlorenzo 500Exp G...
- 06/19/18--21:00: _Kudos to KD & 4th 4...
- 07/11/18--21:00: _“Small” Superyacht ...
- 05/25/17--22:00: Sanlorenzo SX88, New “Crossover” Yacht Series
- 07/09/17--21:00: Milestone for 64 Steel at Sanlorenzo
- 07/25/17--21:00: 10 Must-See Megayachts at Cannes Yachting Festival
- 08/16/17--21:00: 15 Superyacht Premieres at the Monaco Yacht Show
- 10/24/17--21:00: Megayacht News Onboard: Seven Sins, by Sanlorenzo
- 11/08/17--09:54: Sanlorenzo 44 Alloy Is Twice as Nice
- 11/12/17--21:00: Setting Off Aboard the Sanlorenzo SX88: VIDEO
- 01/24/18--09:54: Sanlorenzo E Motion: Electric Propulsion Marks the Future, Now
- 01/29/18--21:00: Megayacht News Onboard: Sanlorenzo SX88
- 03/21/18--00:00: Sanlorenzo Americas Sees Stronger Sales Coming
- 03/22/18--04:00: KD, 2nd Sanlorenzo 52 Steel, Hits the Water
- 04/27/18--21:00: Weekend Superyacht Watch: KD, 52 Steel From Sanlorenzo
- 05/07/18--07:46: “Asymmetrical” Sanlorenzo SL102 to Cruise Come September
- 05/10/18--04:45: Sanlorenzo 500Exp Gets Buddhist Blessing at Launch
- 06/19/18--21:00: Kudos to KD & 4th 460Exp, Delivered by Sanlorenzo
- 07/11/18--21:00: “Small” Superyacht World Premieres at Cannes Yachting Festival
Six customers have already stepped up for the first six hulls of the newest Sanlorenzo series. The Sanlorenzo SX88 is what her builder calls a crossover, and what we’d term a novelty. She’s a novelty not just for the shipyard, but also for yacht buyers, particularly those new to megayachts. The 88’6” (27-meter) motoryacht has Continue reading
She still has more than a year to go before launch. But, the 64 Steel checked a significant step off her must-do list at Sanlorenzo in late June. She became a united form, seeing her hull and superstructure come together. The shipyard shared the news, and the above photo of the process, with its Facebook fans Continue reading
Hollywood heavyweights have the Cannes Film Festival to look forward to each year. In the marine industry, an equivalent is the Cannes Yachting Festival. While its exhibits span broad size ranges, megayachts have long comprised a part. And, as you’d expect of an event that’s grown in scope and influence, a number of megayachts are Continue reading
The post 10 Must-See Megayachts at Cannes Yachting Festival appeared first on Megayacht News.
On average, more than 600 exhibitors across yachting and other luxury sectors attend the Monaco Yacht Show. But, those are just the on-land displays. In the slips at Port Hercule, you’ll typically find 120 superyachts. This September 27 to 30, the show organizers expect similar numbers, along with additional yachts out at anchor. Year after Continue reading
Nearly 40 years after he bought his first Sanlorenzo, a Belgian native went back. In a big way. He, along with a few friends, takes immense pride in owning Seven Sins, the first 52 Steel. The 171-footer (52-meter) shows what a shipyard determined to make waves among metal-hulled megayachts can do. In addition, she shows Continue reading
Signing a superyacht contract is good. Signing two contracts is better. Better yet: signing contracts for hulls number one and two in a series. Sanlorenzo now has buyers for the first two projects in its newest series, the 44 Alloy. At 144 feet (44 meters), the 44 Alloy is on the smaller end of the Continue reading
The term crossover brings to mind images of a vehicle meant for civilized travel as well as a little adventure. It also impresses upon you the concepts of space and comfort. At least one yacht builder, Sanlorenzo, is picking up where the automotive companies left off with those ideas. It even calls the Sanlorenzo SX88 Continue reading
Sanlorenzo is heading full force into the electric power realm. Starting this year, it’s offering each of its fiberglass planing megayachts and metal displacement yachts with either hybrid or diesel-electric propulsion. They’ll also have a distinctive model name, E Motion, to distinguish them from their traditional sisterships. To be clear, Sanlorenzo isn’t eliminating twin-diesel propulsion. Continue reading
The post Sanlorenzo E Motion: Electric Propulsion Marks the Future, Now appeared first on Megayacht News.
“When I started to work with Sanlorenzo, I asked myself: Why do we have to design passageways? Why sacrifice the width of a cabin for a service corridor that will be used for just three percent of its life? Out of this came my provocative idea: Let’s open things up, let’s get rid of them!” Continue reading
With the Palm Beach International Boat Show this week, Sanlorenzo is among several European builders planning to be there. The timing is ideal for clients to meet the new Sanlorenzo Americas team. And, the team sees new growth opportunities here stateside. Following a decade of overseeing and growing operations, meeting clients, and related business, George Continue reading
UPDATE, MARCH 26, 2018: The second Sanlorenzo 52 Steel splashed March 25. Due to a photo on Sanlorenzo’s Facebook page on March 21, we mistakenly believed she had launched then. We have updated the article, also to include the megayacht’s name. The Sanlorenzo family welcomed a new sister this weekend, seeing the christening of KD. Continue reading
A longtime charter customer has finally become a first-time superyacht owner. KD is the owner’s first yacht, and the second 52 Steel from Sanlorenzo. Thanks to the stirring music in this launch video, you might just feel how he did when she entered the water for the first time. In fact, KD hit the water in Continue reading
The post Weekend Superyacht Watch: KD, 52 Steel From Sanlorenzo appeared first on Megayacht News.
A year after hinting she was on the drawing boards, Sanlorenzo is finally disclosing details about what it trumpets as an asymmetrical yacht. She’s the Sanlorenzo SL102, whose purposely mismatched side decks take a few glances to discern. More important to the shipyard, the asymmetry serves a space-maximizing purpose. In combination with car designer Chris Continue reading
The post “Asymmetrical” Sanlorenzo SL102 to Cruise Come September appeared first on Megayacht News.
Some yacht launches see christenings blessed by priests. At Sanlorenzo over the weekend, the owner of hull number one of the Sanlorenzo 500Exp chose a Buddhist ceremony to usher her into the water. Of course, he and his wife also kept with another tradition, breaking a bottle of champagne across her bow, as seen above. Continue reading
The post Sanlorenzo 500Exp Gets Buddhist Blessing at Launch appeared first on Megayacht News.
Sanlorenzo’s expansion into explorer-style superyachts marked an important step this month. With 11 sales of this type on its books, it handed over KD (below), a 52 Steel, as well as a still-confidential 460Exp (above). The Italian yacht builder introduced the 52 Steel series just a few years ago. In fact, the first delivery was Continue reading
With two months to go before the annual Cannes Yachting Festival, buyers are already planning what yachts they want to see. The show, from September 11 to 16, regularly serves as the official debut for all sizes of yacht models. This, certainly, includes ones in the 80-foot-plus (24-meter-plus) range. In fact, the show is a favorite Continue reading
The post “Small” Superyacht World Premieres at Cannes Yachting Festival appeared first on Megayacht News.